Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our first blog!


Hello World!

Betsy and I have decided to enter to the world of blogging so that our friends and family who are far away can keep up with the saga that is our life. With the new addition of Brady to the family we will have new stories to share and pics to put up (as long as I keep up with the camera).

Summer in Vacaville is well ... hot. The temps have been in the upper 90s to 100s and we have been doing our part to keep PG and E in business. I am teaching summer school and coaching freshman football and Betsy has been staying home with the boy. Brady is now 3 1/2 months old .... can you believe it! We're not sure what he weighs or how big he is, but he keeps outgrowing the outfits we like, and seems to be eating all the time. He gets lots of compliments wherever he goes about how good of a baby he is and how cute he is ... must get that from his mom. His favorite pastime (besides eating) is to do tummy time with dad, and play with his pals Lamaze the dog and Sassy the bee. Yesterday Brady had his first wrestling match with the gorrilla (as yet to be named) ... he wore his black singlet and was real tough, pinning the gorrilla in perfect style. So, at least he's 1-0. Perhaps he should stop now while he's ahead.

School is coming soon and Betsy and I will be back to work. Betsy and I both decided to continue on as department chairs, although Betsy says she didn't get a choice. She will still be teaching special ed at Rodriguez High School, and I will be in my second year of AP English at Vaca High. We are excited that my parents will be moving to the Bay Area, so that they can be closer to the family and able to attend all of Brady's important stuff .... i.e. more wrestling matches with gorrilla.

That's about it for now. We'll try out best to be regular, but no promises. Hope all is well.

Love
Adam, Betsy and Brady (and Melmo and Junior).

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm excited to get to see more of what you are up to. What a bad friend I am -- I didn't even know you guys had a baby. He is a definite cutie!!

Tricia said...

Hah it is catching. I told you it wasn't that hard and now manny can see her Baby Brady. She will be so happy. He adam maybe brady won't want to wrestle. mmm. He could be scared of everything like Aaron or not be scared of anything like Manny you never know.

Matt and kim Cloward said...

Hey Betsy, long time no talk. How are things going? Congratulations on the new baby. That's really exciting. You probably don't know who this is so I better let you know. It is Kim Powell, actually I got married about 2 1/2 years ago so now my last name is Cloward. We were expecting in Dec. of last year, but I ended up in the hospital with a tubal pregnancy, so we are still trying. My blog address is www.mkclowards.blogspot.com check it out.