Friday, July 18, 2008

Adam's new Scooter




Let me first say, my mom is jealous. Little did I know when Betsy and I first started discussing a scooter that my mom has had a secret fantasy to own a Vespa ... I guess we beat her to it. Just so you know, Mom, its a lot of fun. Here is a picture of me on the new scooter.

The scooter is an Aprilia Scarabeo 4T, 100 cc engine. I've ridden it just a little- once or twice around the neighborhood and then to Chris' house and back. It accelerates great. I was nervous about it going up hills, but it seems to do fine.

This week was busy for me- I commuted back and forth to Sacrameto State to attend an AP English conference. My instructor was from San Diego's Patrick Henry High School, so we had some connection. Interestingly enough, Ricky Williams, the NFL runningback formerly of Texas, was his student. Even more interesting, my junior year of high school we played against PH and Ricky in football. We both found the coincidence interesting.

So long for now.

-Adam

No comments: